It is estimated that about a third of us have problems getting to sleep or staying asleep. (In Los Angeles, we’re willing to bet it’s probably an even higher percentage!) Instead of heading to the drugstore for relief, we’d like to invite you to visit to one of the Raven Day Spas in Los Angeles.
If you’re one of the many suffering from insomnia you don’t need us to tell you that taking sleep aids can leave you feeling groggy the next day. If you wanted to feel groggy, you could have just stayed up all night!
The Raven Spa is more than a destination for fabulous facials and marvelous massages in Santa Monica and Silverlake. As you might have noticed, we are a Traditional Thai Massage, Bodywork & Healing Center.
We are proud to offer relaxing treatments, acupuncture and yoga – all options that might be able to offer you some relief, according to the medical experts at the Mayo Clinic.
Relaxation for Insomnia
- The Raven Custom Massage: Tell your massage therapist at either of the Raven Spas in Los Angeles about your insomnia. Our skilled professionals can customize your massage to promote healthy sleep by using a combination of relaxing oils and scents along with massage techniques designed to produce deep relaxation.
- Turkish Soak: In addition to your relaxing custom massage, our Santa Monica spa offers a private wet room where you can sink in a deliciously deep Victorian claw-foot bathtub filled with an ancient Byzantine recipe of lavender and milk that will help to detoxify and nourish the skin and body. It’s a great way to enhance the level of relaxation achieved from your other treatments – it’s also a wonderful, relaxing escape when sleep is illusive.
- Turkish Soak, Scrub & Oil Massage: a Santa Monica spa exclusive! Follow your relaxing soak with a healthy scrub and a relaxing massage using a special mixture of oils designed to further rejuvenate, replenish and nourish your poor tired body, mind and soul.
Acupuncture for Insomnia
- During your first visit, your acupuncturist will diagnose and assess your whole body so you’ll be able to get the greatest benefit. Your following acupuncture treatment will begin the process of restoring a healthy balance and flow to your mind-body system that will support better sleep.
Yoga for Insomnia
- At our Silver Lake spa in Los Angeles, we offer a range of classes that put the emphasis on breath, alignment and biomechanics. A number of studies have been done that show yoga can help to relieve insomnia. Try Raven Yoga at the best day spa in Los Angeles and let us know what you think!
If you have questions about any of the treatments offered at either of our Los Angeles spas, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Silver Lake location – (323) 644-0240 / Santa Monica location- (310) 399-4747 or simply inquire the next time you visit The Raven Day Spa of Los Angeles.